Very Serious III: Return of the Jedi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Grackle
Grackle

Self Isolation Problems Empty Self Isolation Problems

Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:13 pm
Consider this the 2020 version of our old First World Problems thread. It is to complain about those little things that bug us and are inconsequential given what is going on. I will start.

I was supposed to get my hair cut last week. It's short and dyed. I have a box dye but it isn't as nice a colour. Also, I don't look good with long hair. This is going to be bad.
sophistikitty
sophistikitty

Self Isolation Problems Empty Re: Self Isolation Problems

Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:14 pm
Excellent thread. I have almost exactly the same problem as you. My hair could do with more highlights as my roots are getting far too long, and box dye isn't going to look good in anything other than the short term. I might have to accept a natural ombre look.

On the bright side, Mr K is reasonably capable of trimming my hair, and I can do my fringe myself.
emmyjoye

Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:27 pm
I was already overdue for a cut and color before this whole thing started, so my hair is suffering too. I also am still working, so people are seeing me looking very unkempt.
dogimo
dogimo

Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:48 pm
It sounds like this could be an Isolation Hair picture thread. However, that would be hypocritical of me to suggest. I'm wearing a hat!
marsanderson
marsanderson

Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:57 pm
I got my hairs did right before the world shut down, and I do my own color so I'm good there.

I am annoyed by all the "We're here for you" emails flooding my inbox from credit card and loan companies that define "being here for you" as giving you links to view your statement pay your bill online, like you weren't already doing that pre-pandemic. NO SHIT, FUCKERS. If you aren't offering me some type of payment modification for COVID, stop cluttering my inbox.

dogimo
dogimo

Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:54 pm
We're here for you to PAY US
sophistikitty
sophistikitty

Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:22 pm
I'm just getting tons of emails saying PLEASE DON'T CONTACT US. Which is just fine by me.
dogimo
dogimo

Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:39 pm
I keep seeing this as SELF IMMOLATION PROBLEMS
velitas
velitas

Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:44 pm
sophistikitty wrote:I'm just getting tons of emails saying PLEASE DON'T CONTACT US. Which is just fine by me.

The loveliest of emails to get
Grackle
Grackle

Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:22 pm
I had a zoom meeting with colleagues this morning. My cat Polly decided to participate by laying on the couch behind me and head butting me. My head kept jerking forward so I had to explain. Fortunately it was with close co-workers and they thought it was funny.
dogimo
dogimo

Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:08 pm
That's a pretty forceful head-butt for a cat!

I don't think I've ever been the recipient of a cat's head-butt. I'm pretty envious.
marsanderson
marsanderson

Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:46 pm
Cat head butts are great until they start head butting your beverage vessel while you are drinking out of it.
dogimo
dogimo

Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:37 am
Hm I am thinking I am just not au fait with the terminology.

Mars, by "head butt" do you mean when the cat pushes its head into you and kind of rubs in and nuzzles? Because if so, then I've known that - and quite glad I haven't missed out on any instinctual feline behavior.

I was just picturing a more bop-with-the-head or something.
gotananswerforevery

Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:31 am
Hey Vel. Been DRINKIN on a Tuesday
velitas
velitas

Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:51 am
GOTA!!!!! Also if that's a reference I'm meant to get I'm totally spacing out. But if it's like I am DRANKIN then WOOOOOO!!!! Wish I could join you!
emmyjoye

Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:46 pm
This is the hairstyle I've gone with for work to try and cover up the intense need of a haircut, and my sad faded haircolor and roots. I think it's going ok so far, but it does give me a small headache.
Self Isolation Problems 20200410
dogimo
dogimo

Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:50 pm
Cool look Emmyjoye.

I kind of dig the two-tone of necessity. Set off by the bow, complimenting the sweater (or is it a wrap?), and cinched by a classic string of pearls.

This look breaths dignity, perseverance and a certain sense of style fun that will not be stifled by a crisis.
velitas
velitas

Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:19 am
emmyjoye wrote:This is the hairstyle I've gone with for work to try and cover up the intense need of a haircut, and my sad faded haircolor and roots. I think it's going ok so far, but it does give me a small headache.
Self Isolation Problems 20200410

I did it! In part because it's giving me some serious crushin on Ariel vibes

Self Isolation Problems Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSgvXDW1coB93oYC5Fi8nvQbIqWOhCAKhJiVV6CNA_G9bSlb3VG&usqp=CAU
sophistikitty
sophistikitty

Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:10 am
I'm so impressed. Pearls and everything! My lockdown aesthetic is mostly 'This is the first thing I laid hands on' which looks somewhat less deliberate.
dogimo
dogimo

Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:30 pm
At first I missed the end-quote there, leading me to think that looking somewhat less deliberate was a deliberate part of your lockdown aesthetic.

Pearls and Everything! sounds like the first album for Blueberry Headache
emmyjoye

Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:45 pm
Thanks guys!
Vel, all I've ever wanted in life is to be Ariel.
Sophi, to be fair, I still have to go to an in person office, so I have to put a bit more effort than I would do otherwise.
sophistikitty
sophistikitty

Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:36 pm
Ohhhh OK that does make sense. Still! Pearls!
Grackle
Grackle

Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:56 pm
P has a friend over to play board games with and she is really annoying me but I can't leave. There is nowhere to go. I can go for a walk later but basically we're all trapped.
ezeebee
ezeebee
Admin

Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:29 pm
Grackle wrote:P has a friend over to play board games with and she is really annoying me but I can't leave. There is nowhere to go. I can go for a walk later but basically we're all trapped.

Doesn't having a friend over kind of defeat the point of isolation? Fingers crossed she leaves soon. Nothing worse than having someone annoying in your own house that you can't tell to leave.
dogimo
dogimo

Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:10 pm
In retaliation you could design and market a really slick board game you can play by YOURSELF. No room for player two! Yet it's clearly a blast, and involves a lot of LOUD FUN - an integral part of gameplay!

Once your prototype hits the circuit it's bidding wars galore.

They'll be sorry they played their stupid multi-player board game near you. The game could be called...GRACKLE'S REVENGE!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum