Very Serious III: Return of the Jedi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ezeebee
ezeebee
Admin

Everyday Sexism Empty Everyday Sexism

Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:43 pm
We are looking for wedding caterers. Three pages into the brochure and I have ruled these people out.

Everyday Sexism Manape10
dogimo
dogimo

Everyday Sexism Empty Re: Everyday Sexism

Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:08 pm
Manapes? That's not even felicitous. Sounds like Manatees. Ooo.

How cool would it be if one's wedding had a bunch of manatees show up as wedding guests. Not because they were duped and wrangled and corralled, but because they were legit friends of the bride, for instance. Maybe they'd show up in tuxedos - and not because they felt they had to, but because they find it delicious to ape our ridiculous human customs! HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE, and - how many canapes for each manatee?

Also, congratulations ezeebee! I do not envy every man who will not be up at the altar by your side that blessed day.

If the manatees show up, though, remember: they attend freely and in good spirits. NO GIN for the manatees. They've a bit of a weakness for gin; whisky is fine. They retain their characteristic composure and self-possession on whisky.
sophistikitty
sophistikitty

Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:29 pm
They could at LEAST fucking accent the E. FUCK. On the other hand, 'man-apes' may be a better pronunciation for their target market here.
dogimo
dogimo

Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:06 pm
"Mane apes"

Man apes the angel inwardly
And outwardly grows curvèd horns
To honk and toot incessantly
To merry-make, he thinks! But mostly,
He just warns.
ezeebee
ezeebee
Admin

Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:51 am
dogimo wrote:Manapes? That's not even felicitous. Sounds like Manatees. Ooo.

How cool would it be if one's wedding had a bunch of manatees show up as wedding guests. Not because they were duped and wrangled and corralled, but because they were legit friends of the bride, for instance. Maybe they'd show up in tuxedos - and not because they felt they had to, but because they find it delicious to ape our ridiculous human customs! HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE, and - how many canapes for each manatee?

Also, congratulations ezeebee! I do not envy every man who will not be up at the altar by your side that blessed day.

If the manatees show up, though, remember: they attend freely and in good spirits. NO GIN for the manatees. They've a bit of a weakness for gin; whisky is fine. They retain their characteristic composure and self-possession on whisky.

YES PLEASE. Why aren't I friends with more manatees? Many canapés for each manatee, they have a metabolism to maintain. And certainly no gin, but how do they feel about Pimms? It will be a summer affair after all.

And thank you Dogi! I love you
ezeebee
ezeebee
Admin

Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:55 am
sophistikitty wrote:They could at LEAST fucking accent the E. FUCK. On the other hand, 'man-apes' may be a better pronunciation for their target market here.

I know right?! I realise this is like the low end of everyday sexism but it really pissed me off.

OH AND ANOTHER THING THAT'S REMINDED OF THAT NEEDS A NEW POST
ezeebee
ezeebee
Admin

Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:57 am
So I did everything for this new house. I chose the solicitor, I collected all our documents, I sorted the mortgage. The solicitor has spoken to me and only me, never spoken to NBD, I have agreed costs, I have sorted literally everything.

Guess who's the lead client and whose name is our case reference?

RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE
sophistikitty
sophistikitty

Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:43 am
*whistles through teeth*

Wow.
ezeebee
ezeebee
Admin

Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:08 am