Very Serious III: Return of the Jedi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
sophistikitty
sophistikitty

The Question and Answer Game Empty The Question and Answer Game

Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:30 pm
Pretty self-explanatory, but just in case. Answer the question from the previous poster, and pose one for the next poster. I'll do the first one.
sophistikitty
sophistikitty

The Question and Answer Game Empty Re: The Question and Answer Game

Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:30 pm
How old were you when you had your first kiss?
dogimo
dogimo

Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:10 pm
Fuck. I don't know, pretty old. I was working at that restaurant. She was a busgirl. I was a busboy, it seemed like destiny then. I have no idea. 16 maybe?

How old were you when you attended your first live music concert?
sophistikitty
sophistikitty

Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:33 pm
I was 12, and it was 'The Big Gig' organised by Guides. Not very rock and roll. Mis-Teeq were the best of the available acts, and that's not saying a lot.

What was your least favourite job?
dogimo
dogimo

Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:56 pm
Probably waiting breakfast tables. I was a fucking ace busboy but waiting tables man, that was not my metier. Pretty sure every other job (including busboy) I've fucking LOVED.

On the whole I mean. Ups and downs apply.

What is something you've reconsidered and changed your stance on, only to re-reconsider and change it back?
velitas
velitas

Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:24 am
Sharing a bed for sleeping

If you could live out the experiences of one Greek god (including all the shitty things they did or experienced) which god would you choose?
dogimo
dogimo

Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:39 am
Probably Dionysus. All those gods were assholes though man-n-n-n-n. Very good question.

Dionysus basically traveled around doing or causing horrible things to be done to those who opposed his veneration. I mean the more established gods mostly just did horrible things to mortals who piqued their vanity with some unwise comparison, but Dionysus was kind of a come-lately, so he was more about wrecking the doubters than those who clearly should've known better.

Which is kind of worse. Why did I pick this fucker?

Maybe just go with a minor god. A real minor god. Asopus! A river god. Upsides, get to hang out with naiads. Downsides they're my daughters. But I'm pretty sure I don't commit any legendary atrocities on anybody. I'LL TAKE IT. TOUGH question.

That was such a good question I'll ask it again!

If you could live out the experiences of one Greek god (including all the shitty things they did or experienced) which god would you choose?

sophistikitty
sophistikitty

Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:36 pm
Hmmm I'm not sure my knowledge of Greek mythology is really quite comprehensive enough for this. But Hermes seems mostly to have fun, in a Puck-ish sort of way, and Artemis doesn't seem to be miserable much of the time, from the stories I have read. One of those two.

If you were to have a child, what would you name them (if you already have offspring, what would you call the next one)?
ezeebee
ezeebee
Admin

Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:54 pm
Hester, because it's both the name of Lee Scoresby's dæmon and the name of the main character in the Mortal Engines Quartet and I just love it.

If you were a shape, what shape would you be?
sophistikitty
sophistikitty

Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:14 pm
Interesting! I love the daemon, but rather dislike the name,

Iiiii would be a crescent. I like the curves and points.

If you could do one thing right now that is currently prohibited under virus-related restrictions, what would it be?
Elle
Elle

Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:59 am
Go to the beach, although the virus isn't the reason I'm not there right now.

Do you like musicals and if so, which one is your favorite?
dogimo
dogimo

Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:41 am
I like very few musicals but the form seems promising. I don't know if I have a favorite. I want to see Hamilton - I love the music. Haven't seen the show though. I feel like I'd have to see the show to count it as my favorite.

I like My Fair Lady a lot.

What is your favorite reason for looking at the sky?

ezeebee
ezeebee
Admin

Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:21 am
I like to find the Pleiades.

How far away is your nearest mountain?
dogimo
dogimo

Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:58 pm
JESUS

This question was tough as hell to answer! I Googled "Mountains in Florida" and found sites and maps claiming dozens of results, but with names like "Park Hill Senior Center" and "Withlacoochee Trailhead" (FUCK YOU MAP! I've been to Withlacoochee, there isn't any mountain!). Finally having ascertained that US Geological Survey discontinued there being any official definition of a mountain (vs hill or plain) in 1979 as part of the general "participant ribbon" sentiment sweeping the nation apparently, I settled on the highest point in Florida.

Not literally.

Not literally "settled."

It's Britton Hill, of the Florida Ridge Hills. 345 ft, 105 m. Best I could do. Looks about 300 miles away, as the crow flies. In "The Panhandle"

Also wrote a poem about the experience.

"The flatlands"

My nearest mountain is in my heart
it's only small but it aches so high
I'm afraid I will never ascend to the peak
because it is there
Stuck in my throat all the time
just as if
I care.  

___

What is the WORST THING about French Toast?
Elle
Elle

Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:09 am
The worst thing about French toast is that I don't have any and I'm out of syrup too.

Do you ever spend a lot of time looking up wild birds to try and identify one you've just seen and don't recognize?
velitas
velitas

Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:25 am
The Question and Answer Game Images11
The Question and Answer Game Images12

Yes. Yesterday Bevis and I went for a walk along the beach and on the pier I saw one of these dudes. I'd never seen them at my beach before. I was like omg what is this seagull with fancy hair and beautiful wings?! Crested Tern.

What is your least favorite name?
dogimo
dogimo

Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:47 am
I love you, Crested Tern!

What a proud lookin' bird.

Now, to your question.

Catherine actually! It annoys me wherever I come across it. One exception! Big time. So, least favorite name with one exception. But everywhere else it comes up, it spikes this instantaneous, involuntary reaction of irritation at their stupidity and imposture. YEAH RIGHT, BEB! You don' fool me none wi' that.  

WHICH IS TOTALLY UNFAIR, and not exactly quite right either.  

It's kind of strange, really.. But you know, I always try to be aware of my individual response to things. Instinct, Intuition, crap like that. I'm able to get a read on it a lot of the time. Sometimes you just stand back from yourself like a social worker and say hmmmm. Quite a case we have here.

I digress, obviously.

Next question!

You discover a note that leads you to a cottage with a welcome mat. Under the mat it says there's a key that fits any lock and can make any door open onto any other door in the world. Using the key, you just stick it in, visualize the destination door, turn the key and open - and walk through. But you have to leave the key behind. "The key is yours," the note says. The note gives all the rules.

So do you go to the cottage and take the key, and where do you walk through to?
dogimo
dogimo

Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:10 am
Next question!

You discover a note that leads you to a cottage with a welcome mat. Under the mat it says there's a key that fits any lock and can make any door open onto any other door in the world. Using the key, you just stick it in, visualize the destination door, turn the key and open - and walk through. But you have to leave the key behind. "The key is yours," the note says. The note gives all the rules.

So do you go to the cottage and take the key, and where do you walk through to?
I'm taking this one off the table. BUT anyone who wants can PM me with their solution!

What is your single favorite pizza topping (not counting cheese and sauce)?
sophistikitty
sophistikitty

Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:59 am
SWEETCORN! To Mr K's dismay.

Do you have an addictive personality?
Sponsored content