Very Serious III: Return of the Jedi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ezeebee
ezeebee
Admin

Questions and suggestions Empty Questions and suggestions

Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:10 pm
Do you guys get every new topic added to your "watched topics" list? Or is that just an admin thing? I need to figure out how to turn that off...
Fuddlebob
Fuddlebob

Questions and suggestions Empty Re: Questions and suggestions

Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:15 pm
I don’t think you can turn it off, but you it looks like you can change your notification settings so that a topic being watched is effectively meaningless.
ezeebee
ezeebee
Admin

Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:17 pm
Hrmph, that's a bit annoying. Another thing to investigate.
sophistikitty
sophistikitty

Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:12 pm
I haven't even located my watched topics so it doesn't seem to be troubling me.
ezeebee
ezeebee
Admin

Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:19 pm
I think I've also activated Thanks (the little heart with the quote buttons on a post) but I'm not sure it's working. Can anyone confirm or deny?
sophistikitty
sophistikitty

Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:20 pm
Erm. I don't see a little heart with quote buttons, but I do see a quote button with a + sign next to it, which doesn't seem to do anything except go blue if you click it. Is that the one?
ezeebee
ezeebee
Admin

Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:22 pm
Hmmm. I'll leave the thanks for now.

The quote plus button means you can quote multiple posts at once!

sophistikitty wrote:I haven't even located my watched topics so it doesn't seem to be troubling me.

ezeebee wrote:I think I've also activated Thanks (the little heart with the quote buttons on a post) but I'm not sure it's working. Can anyone confirm or deny?

sophistikitty wrote:Erm. I don't see a little heart with quote buttons, but I do see a quote button with a + sign next to it, which doesn't seem to do anything except go blue if you click it. Is that the one?
sophistikitty
sophistikitty

Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:31 pm
Ahhhhhh that explains it!
Fuddlebob
Fuddlebob

Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:06 am
So, I just noticed... This forum doesn't keep track of your unread posts! All it does is keep track of which threads have been posted in since you last visited, and that disappears when you revisit the page!

I suppose I'll just have to start reading all of the posts every time I visit, then.
Fuddlebob
Fuddlebob

Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:21 am
Also, on an unrelated note, I found out that the Moderators usergroup is free to join. In the sense that I can try to join, and now the actual membership is pending approval. It's unlikely that I'm going to suddenly become a Mod, though, unless Ezee suddenly develops a profound respect for my incredible moderating talent.
velitas
velitas

Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:05 am
Fuddlebob wrote:So, I just noticed... This forum doesn't keep track of your unread posts! All it does is keep track of which threads have been posted in since you last visited, and that disappears when you revisit the page!

I suppose I'll just have to start reading all of the posts every time I visit, then.

yes! unless you're on your phone where there's an easier way to do it. But when I'm on my phone I can't quote and I really like quoting
velitas
velitas

Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:11 am
Fuddlebob wrote:Also, on an unrelated note, I found out that the Moderators usergroup is free to join. In the sense that I can try to join, and now the actual membership is pending approval. It's unlikely that I'm going to suddenly become a Mod, though, unless Ezee suddenly develops a profound respect for my incredible moderating talent.

You should have really gone for it and requested to become an admin!!
ezeebee
ezeebee
Admin

Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:01 am
Fuddlebob wrote:Also, on an unrelated note, I found out that the Moderators usergroup is free to join. In the sense that I can try to join, and now the actual membership is pending approval. It's unlikely that I'm going to suddenly become a Mod, though, unless Ezee suddenly develops a profound respect for my incredible moderating talent.

Bluff fucking called, Fudds. Not that we have much to moderate at the moment. Quick! Someone post something offensive!
ezeebee
ezeebee
Admin

Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:07 am
velitas wrote:
Fuddlebob wrote:So, I just noticed... This forum doesn't keep track of your unread posts! All it does is keep track of which threads have been posted in since you last visited, and that disappears when you revisit the page!

yes! unless you're on your phone where there's an easier way to do it. But when I'm on my phone I can't quote and I really like quoting

Yeah, I'm sorry guys, apparently that is a Forumotion quirk that people have been trying to get changed for years Rolling Eyes I'll look into workarounds.
Fuddlebob
Fuddlebob

Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:31 am
ezeebee wrote:

Bluff fucking called, Fudds. Not that we have much to moderate at the moment. Quick! Someone post something offensive!

Aww fuck yeah.

Actually, it doesn't look like I have any new mod powers or anything. Not that I'd know what they looked like if I had them, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the Moderators group is actually just a regular group that happens to be called "Moderators".

Well, at least I get a sweet new green name.
dogimo
dogimo

Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:31 pm

Oh man the implications of this have only belatedly just hit me.

On the New Posts page, the clicky arrow takes you to LATEST POST. Not first unread post. So I've probably been skipping over a ton of posts and just landing at the last one. No wonder I keep stumbling across earlier stuff I missed!

Like Gota's DOG in the CAT thread. What a beaute!
Fuddlebob
Fuddlebob

Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:34 am
Oh, and apparently I can just, like, change my username whenever I want.

Man, this place is weird.
velitas
velitas

Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:17 am
ezeebee wrote:
velitas wrote:

Yeah, I'm sorry guys, apparently that is a Forumotion quirk that people have been trying to get changed for years Rolling Eyes I'll look into workarounds.

No need to be sorry! Don't stress! We're just feeling out this new forum body. Not in any weird way! Or should Fudds mod me? Who knows?! Maybe reading the forum in these new ways leads to interactions we may never have had! And it is certainly fun to stumble across something you missed and be delighted from time to time!
ezeebee
ezeebee
Admin

Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:37 am
velitas wrote:
ezeebee wrote:
velitas wrote:

No need to be sorry! Don't stress! We're just feeling out this new forum body. Not in any weird way! Or should Fudds mod me? Who knows?! Maybe reading the forum in these new ways leads to interactions we may never have had! And it is certainly fun to stumble across something you missed and be delighted from time to time!

THANK I love you

Maybe we should feel out this new forum body in a weird way. Really get all up in there.
dogimo
dogimo

Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:45 pm
I am dipping my thumb with rough tenderness along the nook and cleft of the forum body
velitas
velitas

Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:45 am
*gets weird with the forum body in a Jeff Goldblum sort of way*
dogimo
dogimo

Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:23 am
Hey I ooh I wanna rock your forum BAH DAY
Work it work yo' forum bah-day MAH WAY

"If I say you have a beautiful forum body would you hold it against me?"
ezeebee
ezeebee
Admin

Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:43 pm
*draws the forum body like one of my French girls*
dogimo
dogimo

Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:21 pm
ezeebee wrote:*draws the forum body like one of my French girls*
See, I feel empty and ineffectual unable to thank that post. THANK THANK THANK

On the other hand I can redundantly thank it in the text. THANKthankTHANK

EDIT: FUCK! I've overstated the case! It should have been one BIG THANK for cleverness and chutzpah and another for the fact that you have plural French girls of your own, and a third for the gift of drawring
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum