Very Serious III: Return of the Jedi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ezeebee
ezeebee
Admin

The world is fecking weird at the moment Empty The world is fecking weird at the moment

Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:09 pm
It is WEIRD. I feel weird. Do you feel weird? It's weird.

Here's the cat getting stuck behind the sideboard.

The world is fecking weird at the moment 20200410
sophistikitty
sophistikitty

The world is fecking weird at the moment Empty Re: The world is fecking weird at the moment

Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:18 pm
It IS weird but I am disproportionately unaffected by it. Living in a marina where you share toilets/showers and all your friends work on site, you can't avoid having some level of social contact, even if it's only in passing. The weather is great, the countryside is beautiful, everything is quiet save birdsong and occasional farm machinery or powertools, and most of us here are having a pretty delightful time. Which is itself a bit weird.

Your cat does not look super happy about his position behind the sideboard.

Here's mine in a sailbag while on the way somewhere last year.
The world is fecking weird at the moment Img_4810
Fuddlebob
Fuddlebob

The world is fecking weird at the moment Empty Re: The world is fecking weird at the moment

Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:52 pm
The world is in an incredibly weird situation right now. Although since I don't really go anywhere or do anything anyway, the only real difference is that I'm now working from home. Also my housemate is staying with his parents in Queensland so I'm kinda all alone in the house.
Grackle
Grackle

Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:11 pm
I feel weird. The world seems very quiet. I've been working at home since March 18 th and it's strange. We have zoom meetings and running chats at work but it is still isolating. I don't know how I'd feel if I didn't have work since it at least gets me out of bed. In the last two weeks the only time I have been outside is for a walk or in the backyard. I walk at 6 in the morning so I don't see people. I find when I'm walking that people don't maintain a distance and I have mild asthma so I'd rather stay away. I reread a 12 book series and that was fun. Now I have to find something else.
Elle
Elle

Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:23 pm
The world IS weird. It doesn't sound right and it's too quiet. And it's obviously not ideal that people are dying and it's concerning that with so many things shutdown that we could be facing shortages of a lot more than toilet paper and yeast. Weird and stressful and utter garbage.
emmyjoye

Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:32 pm
It feels weird for me that basically nothing in my life has changed because I'm considered an essential worker. I go through periods where I'm extremely angry at everyone, which is not a normal response for me.
velitas
velitas

Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:07 pm
The weirdest. I feel so uncertain about everything and very worried about my parents. I feel strange being in a country I literally cannot leave right now if anything happens to them.
ezeebee
ezeebee
Admin

Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:16 pm
velitas wrote:The weirdest. I feel so uncertain about everything and very worried about my parents. I feel strange being in a country I literally cannot leave right now if anything happens to them.

*hugs*
dogimo
dogimo

Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:58 pm
Let me know if you need me to come bust you out. That could cue the cosmos to win me the lottery. The cosmos could be like FUCK YEAH, INTERNATIONAL OPS
sophistikitty
sophistikitty

Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:36 pm
velitas wrote:The weirdest. I feel so uncertain about everything and very worried about my parents. I feel strange being in a country I literally cannot leave right now if anything happens to them.

Oh God, that must be awful. 

I'd be more worried about my mother except that she's too busy engaging in charitable mission to help everyone else to merit it.
dogimo
dogimo

Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:45 pm
MAN I MISSED ALL THESE POSTS!

Oh wow I think I have to go back through every thread now. I missed some amazing stuff here. Look at Shackleton down behind the sideboard! THAT'S EPIC. It's like something out of Stairway to Heaven. "If there's a bustle behind your sideboard, don't be alarmed now. It's just the white-gloved-cat Shaaackle-ton..."

Edit: the world is indeed weird. I mean, I spotted right off.
Elle
Elle

Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:57 am
Shit's still super weird, y'all.
dogimo
dogimo

Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:11 am
I KNOW.

When I first saw your current avatar Elle, for a sec I visually misread it as the alien from the original Alien. It didn't quite look right, and I figured it out, but now I keep visualizing the Alien with a dolphinized makeover. How much more horrific if the alien looked totally like Flipper?! KILLING PEOPLE

Anyway, I wanted to share that. I was hoping if I shared it, the visions would go away. Thank you
ezeebee
ezeebee
Admin

Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:51 pm
dogimo wrote:I KNOW.

When I first saw your current avatar Elle, for a sec I visually misread it as the alien from the original Alien. It didn't quite look right, and I figured it out, but now I keep visualizing the Alien with a dolphinized makeover. How much more horrific if the alien looked totally like Flipper?! KILLING PEOPLE

Anyway, I wanted to share that. I was hoping if I shared it, the visions would go away. Thank you

*gentle pats*

There there, Dogi. It'll be gone soon.
dogimo
dogimo

Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:27 pm
Thank you Ezeebee. Don't worry it is only in fleeting visions I can't actually see - just sort of envision you know. They don't make me start, or my heart jump. It's just...sort of disturbing, like certain Japanese cartoons.
Elle
Elle

Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:45 am
Danger Dolphin forever!
dogimo
dogimo

Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:42 am
THANK
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum